WHAT'S NEW STYLE FUN YUM SUN

February 12, 2014

My Fashion Week Faves.

Alice + Olivia- Enchanting

This is one show I was sad to miss. Sparkles, lace, florals, fur, metallic- this collection had a bit of everything going and yet it all comes together in this sort of whimsical way. The make-up and styling (otk boots, red lips, perfectly tousled curls) was impeccable. So many pieces on my wish list. A few of my faves: 





Mara Hoffman- Master of the Print




To me, Fall and Mara Hoffman in the same sentence is a bit of an oxymoron. The designer, known for her bright prints- exudes Resort to me. So I was interested to see what she came up with for Fall. (Especially as I am working on my first Fall Collection and I primarily live in and design for warmer climates) Her signature long flowy dresses, and of course prints were stand outs- she added in darker colors, which you'd be more likely to wear during Fall then Summer, but most of these pieces will definitely be needing at least a cropped leather jacket over! She can do no wrong in my eyes. I mean, our "Fall" in California was 80 degrees! This printed jumpsuit with sweater over was definitely my favorite look. 

Rag & Bone- One of the Boys.



The lumber jack plaid I so loved last Fall/Winter is back! Along with paint splattered denim and Bill Cosby inspired sweaters. Cargo Shorts, Boyfriend Blazers and Pin Striped Trousers appeared throughout the collection, which was mostly muted colors- dark greens, greys and navy. Every now then a refreshing pop of bright orange and some lovely plum colored pieces made their way down the runway. 

 Well! There are just a few that I have been scoping out.. I may do one or two more of these! A lot to cover! Anyone in particular you'd like to see?! Let me know!

Xx
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment