WHAT'S NEW STYLE FUN YUM SUN

April 29, 2013

Rapping with Goldfish Kiss.


In the last several months since I've started my line and my blog I've had the opportunity to meet some seriously sweet people, and this chick is one of them! I've admired her blog from afar and was stoked to get the skinny on the story behind Goldfish Kiss from Ms. Goldfish Kiss herself, Rebekah Steen. (Seen above wearing a Mint "Paradise Tee" BTW!!) 

You moved from Colorado to Hawaii- quite the change! You seem to fit in in Hawaii quite well! What are your favorite things about living there? 
So..I grew up in Colorado, but have lived in Iowa, Minneapolis, France, Arizona and Los Angeles, so I guess I adapt to new places well. Hopefully we will be here for a while, because so far it's been an amazing fit. I really love the simplicity and quality of life in Hawaii. You can go to the beach any day and see families Bbq'ing, people going on walks, just hanging out and enjoying nature. Plus there's always something to do outside...especially in the water. I feel really spoiled..and blessed.



What inspired you to start your blog, Goldfish Kiss?
I am an Art Director/Graphic Designer and had a little blog on my portfolio site that I kept doing just for kicks. Then I realized all I was writing about was swimwear, travel, and fitness tips, so one night at a coffee shop in Diamond head, I swapped over a few of those posts to my new blog...and Goldfish Kiss began.

You Miss, are quite the bikini expert- what do you look for in a suit?

Oh, gosh I don't think I'm and expert, that's definitely the designers! I guess you could call it the three F's: Fit, function and flattering. I see if I'm comfortable and can I be active in it...and does my butt look cute :) 




What are your favorite swimsuit trend of the moment?
For trends, gosh...the thing I'm loving is how cute "Sporty suits are" The racer back is being replaced by skinnier t-back tops, and stay put bottoms are a bit cheekier. It's like the hot tomboy bikini trend, I guess. And I really, really like how cute and cool one pieces are becoming. Yeowza!


How do you stay in swimsuit shape all year round?!
I think the key is to not think about "bikini season" or worrying about how you look in a bikini. A while ago I stopped obsessing about my weight and how my body looked, and worried more about how healthy I was...then things started falling into place. But, I do LOVE lifting weights, and lifting HEAVY. It's definitely my favorite way to workout. I'm a bit of a meathead. Plus I love running: sprints, intervals, or a run on the beach. Surfing helps too :)

Your beach going must haves?
Are you ready for the list? :) Ok, Supergoop SPF30 sunscreen (I swear by this stuff), hat, polarized sunglasses, water (cooler of beer on the weekend), reading and/or sketching materials, camera, waterproof camera, phone, fresh sugar lip treatment (I'm addicted)...and a book. And usually Subway or some sort of snack. I have a large beach bag. Oh yeah, a board is usually always in the car.


Pom Shorts by Wonderland. Sharktooth earing by Rockabella Jewels.

Thanks Rebekah for making me cooler down at the beach just because I know you! And for this interview! Muah! More GOLDFISH KISS here!! And their Instagram. And Facebook. AND Pinterest!

More Mint here:



(And if you wanna flip the script: Rebekah's interview with me here)

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment