WHAT'S NEW STYLE FUN YUM SUN

May 21, 2013

Rapping With: The Skinny Confidential.


As the story goes, we were at each other's 1st birthday parties.. (Our Dad's went to High School together!!) so we go waaaayy back, although growing up on other ends of the coast (San Diego > Malibu) we haven't gotten to spend all that much time together! Thanks to this blogosphere I am now getting a daily fix of this spunky, uber healthy and stylish young lady via her totally addictive blog The Skinny Confidential and new Youtube Channel: The Style Kittens. I chatted with Lauryn about healthy snacks, getting motivated and her favorite spots in beautiful San Diego! 


What inspired you to start your blog: The Skinny Confidential?
I had the initial idea for The Skinny Confidential while I was attending San Diego State University. It occurred to me, not because I wanted to become a career blogger, but because there a desperate need for a website that advocated healthy living. I was noticing that all blogs were either very strict or very relaxed. I wanted to create a website that represented balance, moderation, & a healthy ideal. After two years of work (read the story here), the blog was launched! It's been an amazing journey ever since! 





You are a San Diego native- name a few of your favorite places to hang in SD:
Ahhh! Love this question. I'm a big fan of hole in the walls. I die over Craft and Commerce in Little Italy. Another random ass spot I go to is Tabu. I'll go by myself to blog! It's literally so small (they have amazingly fast WiFi though!!) but has the most delicious veggie roll. 

Searsucker is fun but it's very scene-y. Mister A's is a timeless, classic with delicious food. And if you want ambiance head over to Cowboy Star- it's literally where Johnny Cash would hang out. So cool and so fun.

I also recommend Market (<< amazing sushi/food), Fidel's ( authentic Mexican food ), & The 3rd Corner (because who doesn't like wine + cheese?!).



You're always posting delicious and healthy snacks, what's favorite go-to?
I'll break down my ideal day: 

Breakfast: I love a veggie juice (this one in particular). 

Snack: I'm a big hummus fan; believe it or not I dip tangerines and grapes into it! Add some Meyer lemon and you're golden.

Lunch: A sprouted piece of toast with soy nut butter & sliced bananas is one of my favorites. I also love veggie burgers, a huge, full salad (like this one), or a kale and quinoa salad from Whole Foods.

Snack: a green smoothie (1/2 of  banana, a handful spinach, hemp seeds, water, & ice).

Dinner: I'm going through this gnarly sweet potato stage. I use dairy-free butter and make the most unbelievable cucumber, tomato, onion, basil salad. It's the perfect combo. And it's even better with a glass of Pinot Noir!

Dessert: I love this raspberry dessert- it's light, low calorie, & delicious!



Tell me about your newest venture; your YouTube channel The Style Kittens?
The Style Kittens originated when my fashionista girlfriend, Jackie and I decided to merge together to create a channel that encompassed everything girly. 

Basically it's where fashion meets skinny. Jacqueline is a jewelry designer and stylist and I'm a fitness trainer and lifestyle blogger, so you get the best of both worlds.Think makeup, boys, hair, nails, beauty, fitness, diet, jewelry, clothes, ETC. You can check us out and subscribe here: http://www.youtube.com/user/thestylekittens

Best workout tip and how do you stay so motivated?!
PILATES!!! Learn it, live it, love it. It's changed my bod. And changed my life. Ya wanna look like a Victoria's Secret 'Angel?' Ya, well. Get Pilates in three days a week.Not only does it change your body, it's not as strenuous as cardio, so you end up consuming less food.I stay motivated by reminding myself (daily) that I want to be the best version of myself. Get your ass out of bed, stop complaining, and MOVE your body. It's not fun working out everyday, but if you make it a habit, it becomes like brushing your teeth. You just do it!


Thanks Lauryn for the tips! Oh yeah! And Happy Birthday Love!!

Xx,Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment