WHAT'S NEW STYLE FUN YUM SUN

March 3, 2014

Alright, Alright, Alright.




Checking in! Not sure if you watched the Oscars but aside from the fashion (Lupita Nyong'o and Kate Hudson were my faves- and I'm pretty sure everyone elses') the speeches were what really blew me away. What Matthew McConaughey said particularity stood out to me and I've been thinking about it quite a bit today. Cliff notes: Matthew spoke about someone asking him long ago who his hero was. His reply? "Me in ten years" Well, ten years rolled around and he was asked again. His reply... "Me in ten years" It got me thinking a lot about the relationships we have, not with each other- but with ourselves. It's easy to get so wrapped up in this competitive thing, or striving to be like someone else, or proving yourself to someone else. The relationship you have with yourself, meeting your personal goals- not for anyone else.. not to be like anyone else, or one up anyone else.. but for YOU. Make yourself proud and yet never be satisfied. You are the only one who knows what you are truly capable of and at the end of the day. So there's my Monday inspirational speech. Go get em'

xx
Jess



1 comment:

  1. Lupita's dress was absolute perfection! I can't even <3

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete