WHAT'S NEW STYLE FUN YUM SUN

March 12, 2014

Ban Bossy.

There are things I thought would be obstacles in business, being a woman was not one them. I guess I assumed that that was over like five, ten years ago? Women in the workplace? Well.. it's not. 

Sheryl Sandberg is the chief operating officer of Facebook and author of the best selling book "Lean In" She launched a campaign this week to ban the word "bossy" - explaining her belief that use of this word discourages girls from pursing leadership roles. Watching this video, and hearing this young girl say that she doesn't want to be a leader because she doesn't want to be disliked- really resonated with me. It made me start connecting some dots in my own relationships, why people act or react the way they do and where that stems from. I had never even thought about a possible solution, which is sad because that must mean I didn't think there was one. I think this is a great step in the right direction to start teaching young girls that there is nothing wrong with speaking up and taking charge!





More information on Ban Bossy, here and HERE!! 
Lets encourage young girls to be leaders! #BanBossy

Xx
Jess 



No comments:

Post a Comment